Provided that Users give their consent, accessing and browsing the Website shall imply the use and downloading of cookies on the equipment they use to access and browse, and information shall be collected on their visits and their use of the Website in order to guarantee access to particular features, make it easier to use and browse, as well as, where appropriate, to compile statistics on the use and effectiveness of the Website by studying the Users’ browsing habits.
What is a cookie?
Cookies can be broadly defined as widely-used devices that are downloaded to the User’s terminal when the User accesses or browses a website (whether on a computer, smartphone or tablet) and which allow information to be stored that can be subsequently updated, consulted and retrieved for various purposes by the entity responsible for their installation.
Cookies are commonly used to measure certain website usage parameters such as the number of visitors, the duration of the visit or its effectiveness, as well as to facilitate the user’s browsing or to save and send information about their preferences and past actions.
As such, cookies are not associated with any personal information. However, they are also used to customise the experience of a known visitor to a website by associating with their profile information or User preferences. By providing information about the browsing habits or actions of Users, they may affect the privacy of Users, for that reason, we provide the necessary information about the cookies used by the Website so that Users can decide whether to consent to their use.
When Users access the Website, they are offered information about the use of this technology and are asked to give DEVENGO, expressly, their consent to it. To this end, DEVENGO informs that certain cookies may be necessary for the operation of the Website and, if the User refuses to consent to their activation, access to the Website may be prevented.
Types of cookies
In this section we explain the different types of cookies, according to certain criteria.
Depending on the purpose for which they process the information obtained through them, cookies can be:
- Technical Cookies: Cookies that enable the User to browse through a web page, platform or application and use the different options or services that exist on it, such as, for example, controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, accessing restricted access parts, remembering the elements that make up an order, making the purchase process of an order, making the request to register or participate in an event, using security elements during browsing, storing content for video or sound distribution, or sharing content through social networks.
- Customisation Cookies: Cookies that enable the User to access the service with some general default features according to a series of criteria in the User’s terminal, such as language, browser type, regional setting, among others.
- Analysis Cookies: These enable the entity responsible for them to track and analyse the behaviour of the Users on the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used to measure the performance of websites, applications, or platforms and to create navigation profiles of the Users of these websites, applications, and platforms, in order to make improvements based on the analysis of the usage data provided by the service Users.
- Advertising Cookies: These enable the management, in the most efficient way possible, of the advertising spaces that, where appropriate, the publisher has included in a web page, application, or platform from which the requested service is provided, based on criteria such as the content edited or the frequency with which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioural Advertising Cookies: These enable the management of whichever advertising spaces the publisher has included in a website, application or platform from which the requested service is provided, in the most efficient way possible. These cookies store information on the behaviour of the Users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows them to develop a specific profile to display advertising based on it.
Likewise, depending on the entity that manages them, cookies can be:
- Own: Cookies that are sent to the User’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the publisher and from which the service requested by the User is provided.
- Third-party: Cookies that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by publisher but by another entity that processes the data obtained from cookies.
According to how long they remain active:
- Session: Designed to collect and store data while the User is accessing a web page. They expire once the User leaves that website.
- Persistent: The data is still stored in the terminal and can be accessed and processed for a period defined by the person responsible for the cookie, which can range from a few minutes to several years.
Cookies used on this Website
How can I disable cookies?
At any time, Users may prevent the installation of cookies on their equipment by means of the corresponding option in their browser, but in this case we cannot ensure the correct functioning of the different Website features. Generally, the browsers themselves offer the option of customising the management of cookies for each equipment, as well as the possibility of stopping your equipment from collecting or storing cookies and the way in which Users may delete them.
In the following links you can find information on how to manage cookies in several of the most commonly used browsers:
- Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=es
- Google Android: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/2392971?hl=es
- Internet Explorer 10: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-10
- Internet Explorer 11: http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/es/kb/habilitar-y-deshabilitar-cookies-que-los-sitios-we
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?viewlocale=es_ES&locale=es_ES